Innovation, transformation, and leadership occur in many ways and at Precision Den it is our ability to help solve clients’ most complex issues is unique. We deliver strategy and implementation, from a customer-focused business and technology perspective, to help you lead in the markets where you compete.
Precision Den Corp (PDC) is a minority owned small business that provides full-service technology consulting & solutions firm. PDC develops next generation passive and active land, sea, air content management & capture platform to solve and empower customers we service.
In this Tester role you will: Test multiple projects to validate readiness for release; identify and manage defects in products. You will interface with Project Management and Development teams to cultivate a strong understanding of each project and testing objectives. You will support the design and development of test strategies to perform environment and system integration validation; including data warehousing, ETL, BI reporting, and web services technology.
The tester will provide an independent assessment of how the project’s software development process is being implemented relative to the defined process and recommend methods to optimize the organization’s process. You are a proactive team player who has a great attitude, are willing to learn and have high aptitude for technology.
This position has immense learning and growth potential and experiences to be gained as our program has a very wide array of tech stacks and different types of projects to support. This is an opportunity to work with advanced technologies, forward-thinking leaders, and to become a part of a tightly-knit team of professionals that delivers mission-critical systems for the federal government.
- Test execution in development, test, and production environments for each build, sprint, and release in the iterative development lifecycle
- Design and create test cases and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Leverage existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function
- Participate in troubleshooting issues with relevant teams to achieve root cause identification and resolution
- Document, track and escalate issues, as appropriate
- Support production deployment of applications and perform "validation testing"
- Provide independent assessments of software development implementations against defined processes and recommendations
- Analyze user stories to determine the appropriate testing methods and processes
- Conduct test case reviews to ensure test cases accurately capture functionality identified in user acceptance criteria
- Active Secret Level Clearance
- 1 or more years of experience in performing Web-service testing using SOAPUI or equivalent tools
- 1 or more years of experience testing Data Integration/Data Warehousing/BI reporting testing to include:
- SQL writing
- Understanding fundamentals of ETL, Data warehousing, and BI reporting
- Understanding fundamentals of web-services
- Desired Qualifications:
- Automated testing
- 508 Compliance testing
- Working in an agile environment
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits
- Office conveniently located next to metro stop
- Location: Washington D.C. area