Innovation, transformation, and leadership occur in many ways and at Precision Den it is our ability to help solve clients’ most complex issues is unique. We deliver strategy and implementation, from a customer-focused business and technology perspective, to help you lead in the markets where you compete.
Precision Den Corp (PDC) is a minority owned small business that provides full-service technology consulting & solutions firm. PDC develops next generation passive and active land, sea, air content management & capture platform to solve and empower customers we service.
PDC is seeking a Junior or Mid-level Software Developer / Engineer to join our team.. Our team is growing and we are looking for a new team member to build solutions together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of engineers, scientists, and subject domain experts.
In this role the candidate will work with the customer, managers, engineers, and scientists to tackle big data problems. Extract, transform and ingest large numbers of real-time datasets into a big data environment.
- Must be a US citizen with ability to obtain a public trust
- A degree in software engineering is not required but nice to have. We seek people who are passionate about software development and learning new technologies on their own
- Experience with ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes
- Knowledge of formats: JSON, XML, XLT
- Knowledge of Hadoop, MYSQL, and other structured / unstructured databases
- Strong computer science fundamentals, debugging skills and large datasets (Big Data)
- Possess strong writing and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to senior leaders and teams
- Ability to access, manage, transfer, integrate and analyze datasets, especially using SQL or map-reduce techniques
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits
- Location: Washington D.C. area