Innovation, transformation, and leadership occur in many ways and at Precision Den it is our ability to help solve clients’ most complex issues is unique. We deliver strategy and implementation, from a customer-focused business and technology perspective, to help you lead in the markets where you compete.
Precision Den Corp (PDC) is a minority owned small business that provides full-service technology consulting & solutions firm. PDC develops next generation passive and active land, sea, air content management & capture platform to solve and empower customers we service.
The AWS Architect will serve in a Lead Developer role as part of our growing AWS professional services organization. You will be responsible for designing, deploying, and developing cloud applications on the AWS platform and significantly contribute to solution and the organic expansion of PDC’s AWS business across the Federal Government.
In this role, you will ensure the quality of IT professional services delivery, customer relationships and that operational policies are followed. You will verify that business objectives are achieved by focusing on best practices and process improvements and develop approaches to successfully implement operational policies and achieve business plans.
The select candidate will:
- Have the ability to work with Elasticsearch on both the server and API level
- Be able to independently identify and implement fixes/optimizations that can increase security, reliability, and efficiency – both in code and process.
- Problem solve with limited access to detailed information such as logs or monitoring tools. To quickly narrow down likely issues when there are problems to no effectively guide self and others towards likely fixes
- Develop prototypes and iterate through use of collaborative DevOps techniques to include continuous integration and development
- Server capacity planning and troubleshooting
- Debugging issues related to traffic flow and security
- Write/plan unit tests with a goal towards automation and repeat-ability
- Develop and execute account go-to-market strategy to deliver business requirements
- Maintain and mature relationships with AWS, government end customers, and partners/system integrators
- Generate, shape, and influence new opportunities
- Update PDC's AWS practice deliverables
- Participate in the hiring process
- May manage individual contributors
- Interim or Active Secret Level Clearance
- 2+ years’ experience with Apache
- 1+ year experience with AWS/Azure
- 1+ year experience with Elasticsearch/scrapy/python/CentOS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Either Professional level Solutions Architect (ideal) or DevOps Engineer with 3-5 years’ experience with AWS
Associate Level Solution Architects with requisite years of experience may be given consideration with the expectation that the AWS Professional Certification will be achieved within first 3 months of hire
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent benefits
- Office conveniently located next to metro stop
- Location: Washington D.C. area